Why Get a Utah CFP?
1. The Utah CFP is widely considered to be the best non-resident permit a Colorado Resident can get.
2. Colorado's Permit is currently recognized in 34 states. With a Utah Non-res permit you can gain 2 additional states (Washinton State and Nevada), allowing you to carry a concealed firearm in 36 total states. (see map)
3. Colordo Firearm Academy will stamp your Utah Application as part of our Defensive Pistol Courses for no additional Cost.
4. You have a year from the date of your course to apply for your Utah CFP
1. Review documents and requirements from bci.utah.gov
2. Download and fill out the "Application for Concealed Firearm Permit or Provisional Concealed Firearm Permit" (bci.utah.gov)
This Must be brought to your course filled out and completed (excluding signatures), so your instructor can stamp the application.
3. Before your course, please watch this quick 10-minute video
4. Please download and review the Training Curriculum before your course. (Download)
The training Curriculum is 54 pages long, so a high-level review is acceptable.
We will cover this information in your course, and you will leave with a copy of it.
If you have any specific questions regarding the information in this document, please take note of that and let us know.
5. Attend your course with Colorado Firearm Academy
Please complete steps 1-4 before arrival for your course; otherwise, there may be a delay or additional fees to complete the process.
6. Have your fingerprints taken
Colorado Firearm Academy can do this at your course for a $15 Fee.
Most police departments or city municipal centers can also do this for a fee.
7. Have a passport quality photo taken and printed for you
2"x2" photo with white background
Most photo processing places can do this all on-site (Walgreens, CVS, etc.)
8. Make copies of your Driver's License and Conceal Carry Permit
9. Review all the requirements for your application and ensure they are complete and included
The first page of the packet has a checklist of the required items for your completed packet
10. Mail your packet to Utah BCI
3888 W 5400 S
Taylorsville, Utah 84129